Definition of content marketing, measurement of success, and personas are in this article.
Building your content strategy is the key to any marketing foundation. It takes thought, gut instincts, knowledge of your organization, and how you want to be perceived by the public.
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action. The Content Marketing Institute
Marketing is impossible without great content regardless of what type of marketing tactics you use, content marketing should be part of your process, not something separate. Quality content is part of all forms of marketing.
First, set your measurements for success. These are called Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). What do you want the audience to “do” when they read your content. Once you are implementing your content, you must be able to measure if it’s effective and helping you to reach your goals.
A few examples are listed below:
- Contact me or Submit a form for more information
- Register for classes
- Refer people to my program
- Customer Retention or Repeat Business
Second, understand your potential customers by creating your own company’s persona. I am huge fan of Hubspot so read this article for more information on creating your persona. When we were doing this for our organization, we identified the persona below for the marketing training aspect of our organization:
- People (mostly women) starting their own business,
- Often this would be their “side gig” and working a full time day job,
- Juggling many aspects of their lives like the household, kids' school functions and sports,
- Not having enough time to devote to the growth of their company,
- Not familiar with content strategies, social media for business, & sales funnels.
Understanding these aspect of their lives will help to build the best messages for engaging them to react to our content.
Some companies spend millions of dollars on their content strategy, we like to break it down to you in our Creating Killer Content Workshop so when you leave, you have a great outline, some of your content created, and a knowledge of how to move forward. We are not saying this is easy but it is critical for success!Contact Us!